• This project would be proposed by the “Art of Living” HQ in Bangalore in Karnataka state in India.
• Its Courses are conducted by a dedicated Team of Teachers who individually connect with people in their geographical areas in India and in many countries across the world.
• The influence (and reach) of these Courses was demonstrated in the “World Culture Festival 2016” (WCF 2016) held on the Yamuna floodplains in New Delhi from 11–13 March 2016.
ABOUT WCF 2016
• WCF 2016 was attended by (a record) 3.5 million people in audience and 37,000 artists over 3 days. The performances were held on a 100 feet tall by 1,200 feet wide stage in an area of seven acres.
• The Committee members of this Event included former Dutch Prime Minister Ruud Lubbers; Nancy Pelosi, Katherine Clark and Ed Witfield from United States Congress; and former Lithuanian president Vytautas Landsbergis.
• It was attended by various global and local religious and political leaders. Participants included former French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin, Nepalese Deputy Prime Minister Kamal Thapa, Vice-President of Suriname Ashwin Adhin and Karu Jayasuriya from the Sri Lankan Parliament. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi was also in audience and compared the festival to a “Kumbh Mela” of art.
• The event was also promoted as an interfaith meet and attended by religious leaders including Rev. Dr. Gerald L. Durley, Dr. Ahmad Badreddin Hassoun, Mufti Mohammed Saeed Khan, and Shankaracharya Vasudevanand Saraswati among others.
IMPACT IN INDIA
• The AOL has experience of Grassroots impact of 37 YEARS in India; and has touched 450 million lives globally. It has provided Education to 70,000+ students and rejuvenated 41 Rivers pan-India.
• The Art of Living transforms societies by instilling a vision, making role models, promoting a sense of community and giving people a voice. It empowers communities and nurtures leaders through stress relief and skill development programs to drive change at the grassroots level. Its empowered community leaders continue to be torchbearers for their community long after project timelines are over making its impact sustainable.